Join Us > Project Manager-Translation
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of client projects. The candidate is a driven but steady individual. Most importantly, the ideal candidate must demonstrate ability to: multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build relationships with clients and co-workers, work as part of a team and alone, take active measures to solve problems and commit to a high level of service, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties: Short basic version
- Main point of contact for client(s) for all types of localization projects
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing clients in collaboration with business development manager
- Manage and coordinate the entire life-cycle of multiple localization projects from quote through project completion to ensure on-time and quality delivery.
- Manage project finances, including preparation of quotes and budgeting.
- Analyze needs and resource requirements to plan projects accordingly.
- Strengthen excellent relationships with internal (colleagues in current and other branches) and external resources (freelancers & vendors)
- Monitor projects and meet delivery expectations and deadlines.
- Apply quality control through checkpoint systems to meet client expectations.
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues, resolve them and close identified gaps
- Train, share experience and mentor new employees hired for the similar position
- Other ad-hoc tasks either assigned or required to be performed within the scope of main duties.
- Reporting to director
- Project planning, scoping, requirements gathering and validation with client.
- Identifying and working with the relevant client and internal stakeholders to plan and resource projects appropriately in terms of quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Risk analysis and contingency planning
- Leading the internal and external team to successful execution and delivery of client projects
- Creating schedule and monitoring timeliness of delivery.
- Managing the budget and controlling project costs.
- Overseeing project activities and ensuring resolution to any problems that may arise (corrective and preventive action).
- Actively seeking ways to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
- Reporting, both in written and verbal form, to internal and external stakeholders regarding Project scope, financials, progress and status, formally and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
- Complaints to the vendor (external resources, translators): sends complaints to the vendor if there is a problem with the quality of the service (lack of punctuality, does not follow the instructions given, etc.).
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with the customer, internal teams and external suppliers.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Language, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional spoken and written Turkish (local language(s))
- Upper Intermediate (B2) spoken and written English.
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry (1 year plus) OR 1 year + years working in technology related or in quality certification company.
- Experience in translation either as full-timer or freelancer in EnlighTurkish (local language(s)) pair.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Self-discipline and resistance to stress
- Keen interest and quick learner of new technologies
- Advanced (C1) spoken and written English
- Knowledge of CAT tools and ability to learn new programs and work methods
- At least two years of experience in a similar role within the Translation industry
- Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology,
process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment (Juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment)
- Ability to prioritize activities on a daily basis to accomplish project goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams (external resources, freelance translators).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Ability to explain complex concepts and demonstrate the value we bring to clients.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and drive organic growth.
- Energy and a positive attitude.
- Proactive individual